Indian hemp makes me assimilate lectures –Undergraduate suspect


Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS have arrested five students of the Yaba College of Technology , Lagos, at a black spot in Jibowu area of Lagos, recovering dangerous objects such as knives , broken bottles and wrapped weeds suspected to be marijuana from them.

The black spot said to be used as meeting point for robbers, during and after operation was reportedly raided by the operatives following a tip-off.
However during investi-gation, one of the students, Ezem Harrison, 18, denied being member of a robbery gang. He admitted however that he usually visited the spot to smoke.
According to the indigene of Orunba-North Local Government of Anambra State, “I was at the joint with my colleagues smoking India-hemp when the Police rounded us up.
“I am studying Banking and Finance at Yaba College of Technology, I was lured into smoking hard drugs such as Marijuana by my friends in the higher institution.
If I don’t smoke, I won’t be able to assimilate any lecture in the class”, Ezem said.
On his part, Richard Peters, who resides in Pedro area of Gbagada, stated “ I take pleasure in smoking Marijuana  . If I don’t smoke a day, I will not be myself. I enjoy smoking Indian-hemp.
The spot where I was arrested was our base. I usually go there morning and evening after closing hours from school. I want government to forgive me as I promise to stop smoking henceforth”, he said.
Explaining how they were arrested, Commander of the Squad, Mr Olatunji Disu, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, said the arrest was made through sustained patrol and intelligence gathering around the area.
According to him, “acting on tip- off and continued patrol of some hideouts used by social miscreants and hoodlums that are threatening the peaceful atmosphere of residents of the state, we stormed a hideout in Jibowu and arrested these undergraduates, while others took to their heels”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEXY BEAUTY